Re: nerve surgery

Sat Oct 6 15:14:03 2001

Hi Louise:

You've found a great site to educate yourself about adhesions, and that is what you need to do - educate yourself.

IN MY OPINION, the procedure that your doctor has recommended will not solve all of your problems with adhesions, it will only stop the pain in the area of that particular nerve. The adhesions will still be there.

You mentioned that you have adhesions on your "ovaries and fallopian tubes, not to mention scar tissue". Adhesions are in fact scar tissue, and a lot of doctors are reluctant to operate to lyse adhesions on the grounds that "further surgery will cause further scar tissue, and can develop further adhesions" (this is a direct quote from a surgeon I saw locally after I was diagnosed with adhesions).

Before you make a decision on having this procedure done, check out some of the links from the Adhesions site, search through the messages in the forum archives for this subject, and read some of the stories on the Adhesions Quilt (you might also like to add your own story). The information you will find in the site will help you to make an educated decision about your future medical care, and might even enable you to educate your doctor about the care and treatment of an adhesions sufferer.

Welcome to the site.

Nancy in NB

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -- Forest Witcraft

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: