Re: Lesa- - To Jean

Sat Oct 13 13:28:39 2001

Jean, It's a weird situation. My last surgery will be three years ago this January. The surgery was to put back together my two pieces of intestine which were cut due to fistula's and major damage from the surgery where the doctor nicked my bowel in several places. When I came home from the hospital I had gotten an infection in the lower portion of my incision (it runs up and down and is over 12" long) so it was left open and it was packed and unpacked daily until it eventually healed. When this "abcess" thing started I had a bump around the area where the incision was open before. I didn't think much of it because I had recently lost 20 pounds and I thought that maybe this was a chunk of scar tissue that was closer to the surface now that I had lost some weight. But...it started getting bigger and hurting more so I went to my doctor. He sent me for an ultrasound that the radiologist said was a hernia, I knew it wasn't. So, the doctor said to come to his office the following morning that I needed to see the surgeon to repair the "hernia" by the next morning I could hardly sit up straight, the area was buldging and red and hot to the touch...the doctor said,"I think the radiologist was wrong"....no kidding. He called the surgeon and was told to put me on Cipro and come see him in a week. The Cipro didn't do anything really and on Monday morning I called and said I had to get in sooner. The surgeon lanced the area and it drained out all kinds of stuff, it was unbelieveable. That was six weeks ago, I'm still draining. He seems to think that there is a stitch in there that didn't dissolve, I think he's wrong. He did say that when I go back on the 24th if it's not better he will get a CT scan and do something. My only problem with going to see someone else is that I am on an HMO and he is the surgeon for my group. I don't know what else to do. I'm anxious to see what he does this time. With Love, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: