Re: Will barrier method work, if there are no female reproductive organs?

Tue Oct 16 00:26:34 2001

Dear Deb:

Welcome!!!!! I hope I am understanding your questions correctly so if I misinterpreted your questions incorrectly please forgive me as I'm a little confused about the barrier method you mentioned.

My TAH/OB is what caused my adhesions; there are plenty of other organs for these little monsters to grasp themselves onto; every organ in there is susceptible to be attached by adhesions. Mine attached themselves to my vaginal cuff, rectum, small intestine, large intestine, appendix, cecum (which was sucked inside my bladder), and so many others that I can't remember, but the list was numerous. Some options are surgery, which I tried and unfortunately didn't work for me as the adhesions did return so now I am staying on pain management until I see some success with intergel or spray gel that should be hitting the market sometime this year or early next year, and perhaps then I will attempt another surgery. I also tried PT, but that caused more pain as they just couldn't pull those suckers off the sides of my abdomen (if only they could).

In Friendship,

Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: