Deb , Rose, Jo, and everyone else I haven't answered.

Wed Oct 17 21:15:36 2001

To all the Newbies on the Board:

Sorry I haven't been on the ball enough to welcome you to the board yet, but I notice that several others have. Seems like all he** has broken loose up here in the East. I'll explain later in this e-mail.

Anyway, welcome to your sanity. As Jo has said, there is always someone here to vent to, people who know what you are dealing with and have done it themselves. We are all willing to share what we have tried, what has and hasn't worked, and to give advice when it is asked for. And sometimes when it isn't asked for. You will find some excellent links, information, and support. Anything posted by Helen Dynda is bound to give you new knowledge or a better outlook on things.

And to follow Helen Dynda's prescription to keep laughter in our lives, try this one:

-Idiot Story-

A 28-year old male was brought into the ER after an attempted suicide. The man had swallowed several nitroglycerin pills and a fifth of vodka. When asked about the bruises on his head and chest he said that they were from him ramming himself into the wall in an attempt to make the nitroglycerin explode.

Rose, thank you for the compliment. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. And I really needed that today. Long story, I'll write you privately - one of those But First type of days.

Millie, thanks for sharing your hubby with me on MSN.

Jo, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration. I really enjoyed our chats over the weekend, and I have to find some information on Oz for Shawn - he is really interested in learning more about your country since I started passing on your messages.

Now - let me explain why I feel like I'm living in an altered universe or something strange like that.

Good news - the Oxycodone is still working to control the pain. Bad news - my short term memory is going and I can't remember when or if I take my meds, so I have to write it down.

Good news - my doc is supporting the manner in which I am taking my meds (1.5 tabs when pain levels are bad, 1 tab when they are "normal"). Bad news - she has an intern working with her who is more concerned with the fact that I smoke, I don't exercise (which in her books means I'm not active, in spite of doing my own housework and keeping up with a 9-year-old), and I'm not following doctor's orders to the letter on the Oxycodone doses (1.5 tabs every 4 hours, which leaves me in outer space some where).

Good news - the new section is completely closed in and in use. Bad news - the roof leaks! Good news - it only leaks when it rains really hard, and we have no insulation or carpet installed yet, so nothing is getting ruined.

Good news - I got the serial port changed on my computer, so that my digital camera will talk to my computer and I transferred the pics of the new section to the hard drive today. Anyone who wants to see them can e-mail me privately. Remember the interior is not yet finished. Bad news - I almost ruined my computer tonight - upset a cup of coffee. Luckily it only got the mouse, and I was able to scoop it up out of the puddle before it was damaged.

I could go on like this for hours, but I won't. Sometimes, when things go wrong, I have to look really hard for the positive side, but it is always there. That's one thing I've found helps to deal with the constant pain - looking for the positive side. In the case of adhesions, for me the worst was that the constant agony made it impossible for me to continue working. The positive side is that I am home for my step-son, and my home is once again my pride and joy. I get excited about being able to vacuum!

I hope we hear soon from Colette. And from Mary Wade and Jim too.

Pain free days everyone.

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Q: How do you play Taliban bingo? A: B-52...F-16...B-1...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: