Re: Hi, new here... Scared, angry...

Fri Oct 19 08:10:09 2001

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to the board! I am glad that you feel comfortable enough to post a message. :-) I guess the most positive thing about finding us, is that you now know you are not alone and that you can find love and support from fellow adhesions sufferers.

If you read some of the many stories on the quilt, you will see that adhesions form for a variety of reasons, and that the scale and consistency of pain differs for each one of us.

If your pain is interfering with your work or home life, or perhaps both then your pain deserves proper attention! The fact that you have been "lurking" for the last month or so is also a good indicator.

It is understandable that you are both angry & scarred about your pain. It is a very reasonable feeling, and all of us understand your emotional state at the moment.

The best thing you can do for yourself Cathy, is education. You mentioned that you have done some reading regarding your problems. May I suggest you continue to research, ask questions and demand answers from your doctors. It is your body and your health, AND the doctors work for you! YOU pay to see them after all!!

I would suggest that you contact the office for your results, you are only dwelling on it & what may be. If you are in pain, you cannot afford to just "wait & see how long it takes them to contact you."

Why? Because you are thinking about it too much, without realising it, you are adding to your anxieties & stress....all that will lead to is an increase in pain! What you are doing is also a natural reaction to your situation.

Please consider doing some meditation, breathing exercises, taking leisurely walks, hot aromatic baths...whatever works to help you relax.

Have you told your doctors about your fear that it may be cancer? Perhaps when you ring to get the results of the ultra sound, you could also make an appointment to see this doctor or another again soon.

I'm glad to see that you are trying to keep your sense of humor...I know that isn't easy, BUT in my own experience...it has helped keep my head above water!

Welcome again Cathy, I hope you find answers to your questions and respect from your doctors.

Love & warm hugs, Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: