Finally....answers after 2 years!

Mon Oct 22 23:33:03 2001

Just wanted to let everyone know I went for my follow-up visit to the Pain Management doctor who did the Discogram. He confirmed that my L5-S1 disk is messed up.

I have an inward bulge and the dye spread out allot which shows the disk is bad, plus I had pain when he moved the needle in that disk. It is the disc that would interfere with my walking, standing and moving around......all makes sense now. They said it is the one that leads to the hip. FINALLY some answers after 2 years of being a cripple and probably 2 unnecessary hip surgeries and nursing homes and hospitals for 9 weeks!!!!!!

Proves the famous Philly hospital really isn't as good as they say it is!! I saw several back doctors in Philly who all said my back was good but never took the time to do a Myleogram or Discogram!....... Really burns me up!

I think I owe my hip surgeon from 1994 an apology since he insisted it was my back 2 years ago, but everyone else said it wasn't and that was why I drove 1 1/2 hours to a new hip surgeon in Philly last year.

If only someone had done a Discogram & Myleogram 2 years ago!

I now have to wait for an appointment with the surgeon to see if he will do surgery or not. Still didn't get my appointment for the EMG and the appointment with the surgeon won't be until after that test is done. I don't know what the myleogram showed either until I go to the back surgeon, I would assume it confirms the Discogram.

The Pain Doctor only finds the problem by doing the Discogram (if there is one) for the back surgeon. Since I most likely need surgery and my tummy is so sensitive we decided to wait and see how long the surgeon makes me wait before we try pain management. If it takes too long they said I should call and we can try the pain patch but it can also make me sick so we are hoping I have surgery soon so we can avoid it. Since I can't tolerate anything I just need to be fixed..... body won't let me take pain pills so living with it isn't an option. I also still wouldn't be able to walk even if I could take pain pills and refuse to stay a cripple. Five years of my life as a cripple is enough for me.

If they fix this problem and my back & hip feel good again then maybe I can think of getting the belly checked further...... like my hiatal hernia and ulcer situation which I believe to be the cause of my unbearable pressure & bloating under the ribs and difficulty breathing.

I just feel sooo good that I now have an explanation for all of this! JEAN

Remember that a little love goes a long way - Remember that a lot goes forever.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: