Gerry- Older Surgeons

Fri Oct 26 23:44:36 2001

Dolores, I'll drink to that! My BEST doctors have been the older ones, not senile but older.

JEAN

An understanding friend is better than a therapist.... and cheaper too!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Dolores Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 11:57 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Older Surgeons - Gerry

In reference to older surgeons, don't understimate the value of years put into the medical profession. After being in the nursing profession for 35 years, I have seen a lot of new doctors and a lot of them are in it for the money not to care about patient suffering and all they know is cat scan cat scan cat scan. A lot of these older guys I would let take care of me anytime as opposed to some of the young ones. Sincerely, Dolores dtouch@bellsouth.net

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jo Eslick To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 6:55 PM Subject: Older Surgeons - Gerry

Dear Gerry

Yes.... it is a bit of a worry when you chat to a surgeon who has been around for a long time. I learned that lesson the hard way, my original obgyn was talking about retirement when I had my first daughter (16 yrs ago) and he was still around to deliver my youngest daughter (9yrs old)..... he always said after the c-section...no worries Jo...just a bit of scar tissue, your uterus is fine... (please don't misunderstand...because a surgeon is older DOESN'T'T mean he isn't good....I am generalising)

I didn't know what "scar tissue" - adhesions could do to my body and my life. When I went to the new gyn...I asked him specific questions....but let his evasive answers wash over me....NOW I know I need to ask more SPECIFIC questions, my mistakes....another adhesions sufferers luck...because I KNOW what I did wrong, and can offer advice...BUT, it's purely my own opinion, and the individual needs to make up his/her own mind.

Good luck with the Surgeon Deb, just a hint write a list of questions to ask for your next appointment....questions thought of & left to our memory to remember on the day, have a way of getting lost and unasked!

love & gentle warm hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: