5 year old with possible adhesions again

Sun Oct 28 18:33:19 2001

Hi there I am writing for the first time. My son at birth had surgery for malrotation and release of ladds bands. We had two rocky years of constant cronic pain attacks. Dispite numerous negative tests finally exploratory surgery revealed multiable long line adhesions throughout his upper and lower bowel. Another sugery was performed to repair this. We had over a year of pain free and no medication was needed for constipation. Last year the constipation came back along with staining and complaints of sore tummies. Three weeks ago he had the tube down his nose to empty his bowel and we could not believe his personality change and sudden energy. Unfortunitely that did not last long as he has loaded up again. I thought maybe he will have to look at further surgery to repair adhesions but after reading others experiance I now know why the surgeon says it is too dangerous. I would love to get some feed back from you all and wondered if anyone knows what happens to the size of the adhesions as the bowel grows larger with age?. Also I find alot of laxative tend to create more pain and would love to hear of some gentle but effective ones if possible. Ps we live in New Zealand.

--
mums the word

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: