Re: Can somebody please make me laugh?

Wed Oct 31 21:40:59 2001

Dear Clare:

Feel free to whine, it clears your mind and lets you get on with dealing with the pain.

As for your doctor's comments on pain clinics, he's probably right. I was referred to the pain clinic in Saint John back in May, and I'm still waiting. When I spoke to them in August, they said it would probably be the first part of 2002.

If at all possible, you want to avoid a laparotomy. The more damage caused to the tissues through surgery, the higher the risk of adhesions returning. But before you agree to surgery, ask your surgeon how much experience he has dealing laparoscopically with adhesions. The pain you are having with orgasm may not be adhesions, there may be some other cause for your pain, but your doctor may also be talking through his hat.

Now for your laugh - this morning, I had papers and earth spread on the floor to re-pot my plants. I also had a pitcher of water sitting there. I stopped for coffee with the "construction crew", and my cat (12-year-old tabby) decided she was thirsty and the 2 or 3" of water in the bottom of the pitcher was fresher than what was in her dish. I got a beautiful picture of her shoulders deep into a Tupperware pitcher tilted at about a 45 degree angle, quenching her thirst. Believe it or not, when she pulled her head out of the pitcher, she didn't spill a drop, but set the pitcher right back the way it had been - minus a bit of water.

Hope that made you chuckle.

Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: