Re: UNUM Insurance Denied Long Term Disability Benefits

Fri Nov 2 23:26:10 2001

Dear Linda:

I am just now applying for social security disability benefits and have no clue if I will win or not but I heard it is very difficult to win with adhesions. I also have fibromyalgia along with with adhesions, but I'm not optimistic about winning. I'm going to fight this to the hilt (I will get an attorney) as I really cannot work in this condition. Thank goodness I am married and my husband makes a good income but without my job things are really tight and it sure would help having some other income coming in. I missed almost an entire year after my hysterectomy but then did try to return to work off an on the next year. She didn't even want to hear about the 9 months I missed, but wanted the last date that I worked which was March of this year, so if I do get it, it will begin as of that date. I only worked part-time for five years for my ex-employer so I have no benefits coming from them at all. Who would figure I would end up disabled at my age. One never knows do they.

Good luck in your fight. Get an attorney if you have to, but keep fighting for your rights.

In Friendship,

Helen C.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: