>I'm counting my blessings, because it's been a while since the pain has
>been this tolerable. Does your pain level change like this? I mean, I
>don't even KNOW that I have adhesions, we just figure I do because of
>the symptoms. Somedays I think maybe I'll fall on my head and it will
>all go away (smile)! Most days I don't know what to think - I'm sort of
>in an "I'm darned if I do or don't" situation. Just like everyone else,
>I guess.

Hi Clare:

Yes, I have days when the pain is minimal when I get up, outrageous by lunchtime, quiets down before supper, and flares again before I go to bed. I can never predict how I will feel at any given time on any given day, but I can usually tell before med time how much I need. Stress affects the pain levels, as do being over-active and stretching, and just plain trying to do too much. While I was working, the only thing the doctor would give me was Ibuprofen - at the end of it, I was taking up to 5000 mg a day trying to keep it under control and losing the battle. After I quit work she put me on codeine for 3 months, which did nothing at all. Finally about 2 months ago she put me on Oxycodone (same as percocet or vicodin), which so far is making life more liveable. It is a narcotic, which means that I am dependent on it, but I control the drug, it doesn't control me. When it's time for meds, I know if I can get by with one tab or if I need the extra half I am allowed to have.

>PLEASE, please, please don't mention our sickly dollar - we buy our
>product in the U.S. and sell it in Canada!
>
>It hurts right where it counts (pocketbook) right now....

Hmmm - suppose that's why there are no "professional ladies" left in Canada? Cause the Canadian dollar isn't worth a ......

I've been having a couple of stressful days lately, which has put the pain levels through the roof, and all I can do to deal with it is take my meds and try to relax. Sounds like a good time to get some Christmas crafting done.

Hope your hiatus continues.

Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: