Re: Gidge

Fri Nov 9 16:30:52 2001

Hi Jo, thanx for your message. The pain management I was referring to that uses local anesthetic is for trigger point injections and nerve blocks. I currently use Tylenol 3 and Voltarin (anti-inflammatory) for pain. Prior to my last procedure I was having to take morphine by the end of the day the pain was so bad. I am hoping that this last procedure leaves me with enough relief to get by without having to go back in after these other adhesions.....another open surgery will likely cause more new adhesions and I dont' want that! Thanks again for your message! Gidge

At Thu, 08 Nov 2001, Jo Eslick wrote: >
>Hi Gidge
>Now I have a clearer picture! As far as adhesions on the bowel, I hope some of the others who read all the posts will pick up that thread for you and give you some details on their personal experience.
>During the surgery to remove my ovaries in April, the surgeon also "released" my bowel from adhesions in 5 different places, I only know this because I read the op report, unfortunatly I was still too "out of it" to remember many of the details.  I can tell you now though, that I can feel that my bowel is involved again. 
>At this point I am unsure what my next step is apart from an appointment with a surgeon in Sydney next month who has been recommended to me by Dr Wiseman.  I am unsure that even IF he says he can operate, that I will go through with it.  I am not the worlds best patient these days, and I'm not sure if I am physically or mentally prepared for more surgery at this stage.  So I am simply comfortable to "wait and see" what happens when I meet him.
>Just curious about something you mentioned in your last message to me............. "but am not a candidate for pain management due to an allergy to local anesthetics so it's tough."
>What other methods of pain relief are you using?  Many of us are using oxycodone or oxycontin for pain relief, have you tried this?  I have mentioned on numerous occassions all the other strategies I have to help control & live with my pain.  Helen Dynda posted an interesting article yesterday about fibromyalgia patients, and the strategies recommended to these patients, I have been using most of those methods for some years now, and they DO make a difference to how I feel.  I haven't used any local anesthetics for pain management, I'm not really sure if they would help, I have noted that some get a small window of relief, others appear to find any real benefit.
>I hope that some of the others on the board can give you more information,  I hope we see more of you on the board.
>Love & gentle warm hugs
>Jo (Australia)
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: