Re: Completely AWFUL doc visit...I'm in a really dark place right now

Sat Nov 10 14:16:59 2001

Dear Susan, Hi, I'm Sally I'm glad you found the adhesions site, at least I think you found it. This may not help much but we've all been to the doctors and all been told, no, you can not have pain relief. And when asked if agony or suicide is a better answer, the doctor looks at us as if we were insects, and crazy ones to boot. There are many really insensitive doctors out there who don't have a clue about pain. Your job now is to educate yourself.

Go to http://www.adhesions.org and look up everyhting about pain and print it out. You have rights although the doctors don't seem to recognize that. And I know its going to be hard, because you'll be going through withdrawal. But if you can go to see lots of doctors armed with reams of papers supporting your right to pain relief, maybe one of them will help. I don't know where you live, but if you would come to the adhesions site and post your location maybe someone on the board can help you find another doctor.

There is also a pain site on the internet, you join and then they try to help you find the right doctor. The information is in the archives and past emails. Good luck, and don't give up, please, we care, love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: