Re: adhesion

Mon Nov 12 18:21:59 2001

Dear Karen,

I am glad you found us, now you have plenty of people you will be able to talk to who who have similar experiences to yours. It sounds like you are in a whole lot of pain and I want you to know we understand and are here for you.

The "pelvic clearance" your doctors suggest sounds suspiciously like a hysterectomy? More surgery can lead to more adhesions, esp. when you have more organs removed or when a surgeon makes an open incision....you already know you tend to form troublesome, not to mention painful, adhesions.

Please take some time to do more research, it is important to learn everything you can about your disease in making the best decision for your best health. I'm sure you have discovered after 13 surgeries that there is no easy answer, surgery tends to only give us a few weeks of relief and then the we are where we were before or often worse. You will find load of information on our website if you take the time to look.

If you decide you must have surgery for the removal of adhesions, it is recommended by the experts to have this done laparascopically to minimize surgical trauma, hence the reformation or new formation of adhesions.

Please feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Hugs,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: