Re: Sooo Sorry i can hardly stay awake lately......Helen C

Tue Nov 13 08:25:11 2001

Helen,

I am praying for you. To be honest, I can't say that I know what you are going through. Yes, I have had days where I don't get out of bed, but my nature is to not let that happen for very long. Even after many of my most major surgeries I forced myself to get out of bed...despite the objections of my family...and traveled the state doing things...in my case Jaycee things...that I liked alot. My doctors agreed with me when I told them that I needed this to stay alive. If I didn't keep my mind busy I would have been dead a long time ago.

I am not saying this is for you...you have different problems then I do. I take very seriously the issue of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. It used to be that they thought chronic fatigue was a psychological illness, but I know from meeting a woman out at Johns Hopkins that it is not. This woman also had recovery. So there is hope. Have faith my dear Helen. As my minister tells me every time I see him...God is with you...he carries you over the biggest hurdles. I truly believe that Helen. With all that I have had go on in my life, I have never really doubted God. I just place my faith in him and he never lets me down. No...I don't have any cure. But somehow he just gets me through things. Bev can tell you how when I first began participating in this group I would tell her that I couldn't wait until February to have my surgery...it was November at the time. And then I couldn't wait until April and so on and so on. Yet, here I am. Three years down the road and still no surgery?? Yes, I still have pain...more now than I had then. Yes, I still leak urine all the time...and still feel very dehumanized...but I get through it. I live to shine another day. You will do the same.

I love you! Karla

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Colette " <Luckylady379@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 8:41 AM Subject: Re: Sooo Sorry i can hardly stay awake lately......Helen C

> > Dear Helen C,
> I know exactly how you feel after all thats why i'm not posting as much!
> I too drag my behind out of bed for the kids but i have such trouble
> staying awake. Somedays i do fine still tired not as bad. But most the
> time i could sleep 24/7 whats up with this? I wonder if we have chronic
> fatigue, or fibro whatever it is its awful my god i tell my self enough
> is enough! Your not alone in this hang in there! I love you
> Colette
> >I have having the same sleep problems ( I can sleep 24/7) some days and
can > >not understand what is causing this. Adhesions don't cause you wanting
to > >sleep forever, perhaps fibromyalgia does or is it chronic fatigue, but my
> >body just collapses as I'm not sleeping well at night and then it comes
and > >somewhere around 4 in the night I sleep and will sleep the whole entire
day > >away and have to literally pull myself out of the bed for the sake of my
> >children or I know I would continue to sleep until the next day. I will
have > >a couple of good days and then the collapse comes and I feel as though I
am > >in a dead sleep and cannot rouse myself out. I was begging my husband to
> >pull me out of the bed (to make me get out of the bed) as I could not on
my > >own accord get out of that bed. The sleep adds to depression and guilt
and > >these add to pain and the pain leads back to the sleep and depression and
> >this all leads to will this ever end? Will I ever, ever have a normal
life > >again? What in god's name is going on inside of my body? I have ARD,
> >fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, what, what, what? I don't even know
anymore, > >but I feel like giving up.
> >
> >It is hard to come to the board feeling this way; it is easier to stay
away > >when one feels so depressed and so helpless and so useless. I can't help
> >others if I can't help myself anymore. I have no faith in the medical
> >community. I go to a new doctor hoping that they will give me some
advice, > >some help, give me some hope, but her answer was, we aren't miracle
workers, > >you've had all the tests, you've had the lap, there's nothing left to do
now, > >this is your life. Wonderful, wonderful to think this is my life. What
> >life???? Pain, drugs, depression, sleep, aches, pains, crying.... Days
when I > >try to kick myself in the butt and yes, feel some normalcy, to only get
> >kicked back the next day double for having a normal day or a couple of
normal > >days.
> >
> >Oh, I'm sorry.
> >
> >Love all of you,
> >
> >Helen C.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: