Re: adhesion Helen Karen & Sally

Tue Nov 13 15:41:26 2001

Dear Helen, Karen & Sally, A pelvic clearance is a term used in the UK that means more than a hysterectomy, It could involve a hysterectomy, oopherectomy (removal of both ovaries) appendix (some Drs feel that it is best to remove the appendix if encased in adhesions, rather than risk peritonitis if it bursts) It could also mean the bowel or bladder. As I said at the beginning, It is really a term that means more than just a hysterectomy. It would only be done if the patient was in a very severe condition and would eventually have to have several operations to remove these organs separately and cause more harm.

This is not a common procedure in the UK, and if Karen,s Dr is considering it he must feel that her adhesions are so bad that she would have to have the organs removed at sometime anyway due to damage. Her condition must be quite severe. Karen has been in touch with me, Joe was kind enough to tell her about the UK Society and give her my name. (Thank you Joe, much appreciated) I will forward the relevant UK information to Karen and make sure she has a good surgeon and knows what barriers etc are available in the UK.

\\\\ ( o o) ---------ooo-----(_)-----ooo---------- In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesion Society kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk http://www.adhesions.org.uk ----------000----------000------------

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Helen Dynda Sent: 13 November 2001 04:56 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: adhesion Karen from Sally

Dear Karen, I agree with Sally. I have never heard of the term, pelvic clearance. If your doctor means a hysterectomy, be sure to get a second opinion. Too many hysterectomies are being done for the wrong reasons!!

You've found the right place to ask difficult questions. The people, who post messages here, have first-hand experience with medical situations, etc. of all kinds as a result of their chronic pain caused by adhesions. That's the beauty of the International Adhesions Society Message Board!!

At Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Sally Grigg wrote: >
>Dear Karen, Please find out exactly what they mean by a pelvic clearance
and >write back. It doesn't sound good to me. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: