Re: Internet delays

Fri Nov 16 13:38:13 2001

Cathy,

Sometimes those delays come back and really get you. Late January I had sent out a family newsletter filling people in on all of the happenings of my family. For some reason it never posted, but I thought nothing of it. The day of my grandson's death the letter showed up to everyone's computer...even my daughter's. It was quite eery and needless to say awkward. I'd much rather have the instantaneous messages.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy:-" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 12:16 PM Subject: Internet delays

> There is a quote that I think is from Mark Twain, something like: the > astonishing thing about a dancing bear is not his artistry as a dancer, > but that he dances at all! > > Well, you should know that the official mascot of the Internet is a > whole chorus line of bears holding hands. Hey, it arrived! You're > supposed to be impressed with that and not notice the delay... :-). > I've gotten mail that was dated 2 months AFTER the date I received it. > Alas it had nothing really useful -- like the stock prices for 2 months > in the future. :-) > > (you can tell I've been on the net since 1988 -- I think email in less > than a week is just an astonishing accomplishment, not to mention > getting to use a modem faster than 1200 baud to read it with. HAHAHA!!!) > > By the way, your website is very cool. My 3.5-yr-old thought that the > text was the lyrics to the music that was playing and wanted me to sing > along. :-) It's sure funny the ideas that kids get! > > At Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Karla wrote: > > > >I don't understand why something I sent out yesterday late morning shows up > >today saying I sent it out today. When it didn't post I sent it out > >again...sorry for the second post. > > > >-- > >Karla > >

>> >>----- Original Message ----- > >From: "Karla" <ifirgit@new.rr.com> > >To: &quot;Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS&quot; > ><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > >Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 11:07 AM > >Subject: My own website! > > -- > cathy :-) >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: