to Kelly L

Tue Nov 20 15:40:32 2001

Dear Kelly L

Welcome to the adhesions board, we are a pretty friendly bunch.  I am sorry that you have endured so many surgeries, we can all relate to that!  Have you put your story on the quilt, or read our stories there?  It really helps to know that you are not alone, and that there are others who know what you mean when you talk about your pain.  We use this board as part of our therapy, we vent, console, hug, understand, offer advice but mostly we all become friends.

Before you consider further surgery, please read & research as much as you can on adhesions, and don't just settle for one opinion, we have all learned the hard way, that surgery cures the pain for a very small percentage.  You also need to be sure that the doctor who suggests surgery as an option understands, believes adhesions cause pain, and isn't just saying surgery, because he/she thinks that is what you "want".

I use a number of strategies to help "control" and make my pain "liveable", these include visualisation, meditation, relaxation and breathing exercises, heat packs, reading, writing and short gentle walksand ofcourse pain meds.

I would recommend giving pain management a go, before you consider more surgery, you will never know if it will work for you unless you do.

I hope you stick around and get to know us better.

Yours in friendship

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: