Re: Jo from Sally - about Diana Gabaldon

Tue Nov 20 16:27:44 2001

Hi Miss Sally!

So glad you are back...in a fashion!  hehehehe  the books by Diana Gabaldon are called the "Outlander series" in the USA, the first book is called Outlander there I believe, it's called Cross Stitch here in Oz & UK.  I found them very enjoyable, even Shane got hooked on them, we are avid readers in this house, Jessica & I are reading a chapter of Harry Potter each night, if you haven't read them yet, you should, there ARE great!  I had heard adults raving about them, but I didn't consider reading them, because I LOVE huge books.  Well, I have discovered already why they are so popular, last night Bryce Courtney even gave them unbelievable praise in a TV interview, he is the one who wrote the Power of One amongst other titles.  I have just finished one of his books called, the Family Frying Pan, it was excellent.  About a young women escaping from Russia on foot.  I couldn't put it down.

Back to Diana though, visit her web site http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/gabaldon.html you will find snippets from her books and all sorts of interesting facts.  I also have the companion to the series, called Through the Stones here, not sure of the US title.  This book is Diana's story of how she came up with the idea, where her characters etc came from.  I found it very entertaining after reading the series..... Diana has a unique sense of humor.

I have lots of others I could recommend, but these will keep you busy for a while!

love & gentle warm hugs my friend,

Jo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: