Robyne Hinks

Wed Nov 21 15:22:49 2001

Hi Robyne

I'm sorry that you have been in hospital yet again, I know what you mean about the epidural infusion, I had one after they took my ovaries out & it was the first time in years that I had NO PAIN!  Have you spoken to Trace or Suze lately?  I know that Trace is still pain free & busy helping the rest of us find help.  I have an appointment with professor Vancaillie on the 4 December at the Royal Hospital for Women in Sydney, Trace wrote to him a while ago & his secretary rang me to make the appointment. 

I have been to Prof's clinic before & had a consultation with Professor Liccus, I'm not sure if I have the spelling right, but she deals with cancer patients mostly.  She sees a few patients from Vancaillie's endo/gyno clinic once a week, and because I had travelled down there from Bathurst, they rang her & asked if she could come in a little earlier to talk to me.  She was wonderful, very compassionate & understanding.  She explained how the three different groups of pain medication worked & then we worked out a pain management plan for me.  My pain is different since that last visit, and I am hoping that Prof. Vancaillie will refer me to her again.  It might be worth giving Trace a ring, and get some names etc from her, I know that she has been researching for us.

I hope they do something soon to make you a little more comfortable, I can't imagine living with your level of pain all the time..... Where you were you in hospital this time, was it Wesley again?  You are in my thoughts & prayers.....

Love & gentle hugs

Jo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: