to Rhonda from Jo

Wed Nov 21 15:41:42 2001

Hi Rhonda!

It sounds like we have a few things in common...LOL, my hubby turned forty last month and I celebrated (if thats what I should call it  rofl) 38.  We have four daughters 16, 14, 13 & 9, they keep us grounded & on our toes at the same time... all those hormones in one household can be explosive! rofl  Really, they are great kids, quite normal just too close together in age I think

I have had 3 major surgeries in the last 18mnths or so as well as a load of minor & investigative ones....  The last surgery removed a really nasty pain (ovaries attached to bowel, bladder, vagina & abdominal wall...very ouchy), but left me with others that make sitting up difficult.  If I sit at the computer for more that an hour, then it's basically back to bed for me.. so I try to limit myself, which isn't always easy because we run a business from home, & I do all the computer work.  My sweet father-in-law made me a desk for the laptop a week or so ago, it's great & I can now work in bed, but it's a little high & it makes my back ache, I have to get Shane to plane it off on the bottom so that it sits a little lower.

I am taking amitryptoline at night and oxycodone otherwise, my doctor doesn't want to prescribe anything else, she wanted me to be off the oxy by now, but I think I am actually getting worse.  I do even less activity since they took my ovaries in April than I was doing before.  So until my consultation with Professor Vancaillie next month I will just have to wait & see, thankfully it's only a couple of weeks away.

Well, better answer a few more emails & get off here, it's a beautiful bright blue sky day here today, we had snow earlier in the week in the surrounding area (it's supposed to be spring, almost summer here!  LOL) and I don't want to miss out on that sun, it's supposed to rain again this weekend, guess we won't get the front of the house done again!  Oh well, I did say finished before Christmas, at this rate we won't get it finished until Christmas eve!  LOL

Love & warm gentle hugs

Jo (Australia)

>From: Faithghl0@aol.com
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1600
>Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:52:20 -0600
>
>Hi Jo,
>My husband and I also love her books ! And she goes to the hospital with me
>too !Are you a member of her group? I have been on her list for about a year
>and a 1/2 now.Though I have not been reading the posts since I wanted to read
>itand form my own opinions about it first. I also am enjoying it immensely..
> I am down a lot sometimes and reading is about all I can do .Have had 9
>surgeries on the belly. The last 2 were 5 months apart 2 years ago. I am
>trying to put off #10 . I have nothing left in there to take out. Just these
>darn adhesions..I,m thirty nine andmy dh is 40. Your husband sounds like mine
>with the the birdeye on you, can'trecall if you said hawk or eagle!!! I don't
>think I could get through all this without him.Sometimes I worry that I'm
>such a bother to him..But he says no he loves me too much for that to happen,
>such a sweetheart !He has seen me at my very worst and has been through it
>all with me.I am in pain management and the dr. has me on oxycontin ,
>roxicodne, and xnax and soma for fibro along with heart meds etc.
> Well I'm starting to ramble it's so nice to meet a fellow fan and someone
>who understands so well what we all must live with everyday.OBTW I live in
>Louisiana.
>Warm Regard's ,
>Rhonda
>
> > I read up to four books a week when I am restricted to bed with a really bad
> > dose of pain, we are painting our house at the moment, so that has slowed
> > down my reading somewhat.  I am also reading Harry Potter wit my
> > youngest daughter LOL, we have to read a chapter every night or she won't
> > stay in bed...guess she is hooked on reading like everyone else in our
> > family.
> > Nice to meet a fellow Jamie & Claire fan.
> > LOve & gentle warm hugs> > src="http://graphics.hotmail.com/emrose.gif" width>
> > Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: