Re: LIFECORE RECEIVES FDA FINAL APPROVAL TO MARKET GYNECARE INTERGEL ADHESION

Thu Nov 22 03:31:07 2001

I think it would be interesting for this group to hear. Please do that for me would you? Like I said....it doesn't much matter to me because they can't use it on me, but for others out there if it can help them we need to know. Personally, I don't think that it will end up being the save all that it was expected to be. But since it has been available overseas there has to be some sort of idea whether it works or not.

Thanks Kath!

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "KathFindlay" <klfindlay@adhesions.org.uk> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 8:01 PM Subject: Re: LIFECORE RECEIVES FDA FINAL APPROVAL TO MARKET GYNECARE INTERGEL ADHESION

> > Karla, If you want I could ask everyone who has had ops with Intergel and > SprayGel in the UK to let you know what the outcome was. It might take a few > days or weeks but I will get back to you. > > \\\\ > ( o o) > ---------ooo-----(_)-----ooo---------- > In Friendship Kath Findlay > The UK Adhesion Society > kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk > http://www.adhesions.org.uk > ----------000----------000------------ > > -----Original Message----- > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf > Of Karla > Sent: 21 November 2001 06:47 > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Re: LIFECORE RECEIVES FDA FINAL APPROVAL TO MARKET GYNECARE > INTERGEL ADHESION > > Cathy, > > I am not a proponent of Intergel. It brings negative feelings about for > me...because if it does work it doesn't matter. My body rejects all foreign > materials placed inside of it so I couldn't even consider its use. But, it > IS already being used. Lets hear from some of the people that have gone to > Germany and had Intergel used....how are you doing? Have you had any > reformations? > > Karla >

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "cathy:-" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 10:38 PM > Subject: Re: LIFECORE RECEIVES FDA FINAL APPROVAL TO MARKET GYNECARE > INTERGEL ADHESION > > > I really hate to bring this up, but I think that it would be good to > > take a deep breath and step back and think about this a little harder. > > To use a baseball analogy, this is not a "home run" of a medical advice. > > It's more like a "first base and home plate umpire huddle for 5 minutes > > trying to decide if the baserunner really beat the throw or not" sort of > > thing. The FDA's original ruling was that the intergel didn't really > > work well enough to make the "effective" standard. The ruling of the > > appeals panel is that if you add a few more studies then it just kinda > > "squeaks in" under the wire. Not exactly a ringing endorsement!!! > > > > What attitude do I think I want to take? If I have some life-threatening > > emergency and I MUST have abdominal surgery, then I'm going to ask for > > the gel. But I'm not going to schedule an adhesiolysis with the idea > > that this is a miracle cure and that I don't have to worry about it > > failing. After another year or two, some people will have been forced > > by circumstances to be the guinea pigs, and we'll all know a lot more > > about how well this stuff REALLY works... > > > > -- > > cathy :-) > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: