Re: I have had my 4th surgery in October-afraid adhesions forming again

Fri Nov 23 15:13:33 2001

Christy,

I have had many, many surgeries, and been told many things, but I have never been told that mesh would stop the adhesions from forming. I have had lots of mesh placed in my abdomen and each time they go back in the adhesions are worse. Mesh does diddly squat in stopping the reformation. Please take the time to read my story on the quilt and then listen when I suggest that you not allow anyone to cut you open again....unless it is an extreme emergency. It is only going to get worse with each surgery.

--
Karla N.

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Christy" <slatsky5@bellsouth.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 3:10 PM Subject: I have had my 4th surgery in October-afraid adhesions forming again

> I had a uterine rupture in 1999. The doctor was able to repair my > uterus but a year later I started having problems-cysts and constant > pain. In April I had a hyst. and they found out I had Adenoymosis and > adhesions. Well by June I was in pain again. I went to a diffent > doctor and she operated in July to take out my right ovary & fallopain > tube-they were diseased and bond to my colon with adhesions. I never > really got better after this surgery. In October I had my left ovary, > fallopian tube & appendix taken out. I again was covered in adhesions > and the ovary was bond to my colon again. The doctor put mesh in there > the 2nd & last time to help the adhesions from forming. But on > Tuesday-4 weeks post op. I started having the same pain again. I have > been really discouraged. It has been a really long year and I am > praying that this is not adhesions forming again. I was hoping that > maybe someone from this site could help me out with this. The GYN I > have said on my last surgery that it would be the last for her to do. > Could the adhesions be forming and binding to my intestines and my > colon? There really isn't much left for the adhesions to form too. I > don't know - I am just searching for answers. If anyone has any ideas > or anything I would love to hear it. Thanks for listening. > > -- > Christy from Alabama >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: