Re: colonoscopies

Sat Nov 24 14:02:59 2001

Jean,

I never have either...and I have to get central lines almost all of the time. They would find some other way to sedate me before they would put in a line for a colonoscopy. I have so much scar tissue from my central lines that I have to be dying b4 they will do them now.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Jean Long To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 2:32 PM Subject: colonoscopies

You gals are lucky......when I had my several colonoscopies many years ago they never gave me "anything" before they did the tests and the pain was unbearable. On top of it when I finally had the exploratories I had partial obstructions and they had been doing the colonoscopies while I had these obstructions and didn't care one bit about my excruciating pain. That is why I am afraid to ever let them do those tests again. Hopefully today they do things differently now than they did back then but I am afraid to trust them now!

I never heard of a central line for this even from the people I know who had it done and were heavily sedated.

JEAN

"Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live" -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Msvirgo9459@aol.com Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 10:38 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Question please help!!!!!

Cindy, Why do you have to have a central line for the colonoscopy. I had a butterfly IV site and was given conscious sedation and remember nothing. I had a few polyps removed . They had to literally dilate my rectum and most of my colon to get thru.Needless to say I had more pain and winded up in the ER many times after that and 4 days later had to have it all done again because I began bleeding rectally and they had to go in and cautherize the sites where the polyps were removed. But my colon was very healthy besides the polyps. I would have the colonoscopy done if you are having rectal bleeding because there may be other conditions for that. I never had rectal bleeding before my colonoscopy and I have massive adhesions. It was done to rule out other conditions. I had a wonderful Gastroenterogist who has helped through these past few years. But pain releif is not easy to get you need to have one special doc. Even pain management gives me nothing to take for pain. They di! d my nerve block a week ago and won't see me again until 2 weeks. No script or anything. Go to ER for pain. I feel for you but that is the way these docs are. I have never been able to get any releif from painmanagement. I told them my doc had given me Demerol and they almost flipped out of their chair. Well good luck to you .Best wishes. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this fight. Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: