Re: Kimmi-Pinched Nerves

Sun Nov 25 00:23:13 2001

Kimmi,

I want to start by apologizing to Sally. Sally did not send out this message. I did. When I read your information about myofascial treatment I sent the information to a medical professional very knowledgeable in adhesions. What I shared with you was their response. It was not meant as an attack on you.

Kimmi, most of our adhesions are deep within our abdomen and are very very thick. There is no way that any type of massage is going to break up these adhesions...unless you are just looking to treat those surface adhesions...the ones that cause us very little of our pain. I can't imagine putting myself through a massage that accomplishes little to nothing and will put you into incredible pain.

Have you had this kind of treatment? Is it working? I don't think it is otherwise you wouldn't be considering surgery. There are so many people out there that are here looking for answers...answers that will bring an end to our pain, but to bring them false hope..or worse yet put them in a situation that could make their pain worse isn't a good thing. I made some calls to people in my area who are legitimate physical therapists and doctors. Not one of them would suggest myofascial massage to someone suffering from adhesions. As a matter of fact, they all highly discouraged adhesion sufferers from undergoing this technique.

I am sorry if we disagree. I have just learned that you can't believe everything that you read...every cure that is promised.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Kimmi&Dave To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 12:51 AM Subject: Re: Kimmi-Pinched Nerves

Sally, Sorry, you don't believe any of this but it true it has been medically proven. I would not of said so if it wasn't true. Seems you took every statement and tried to blast me on that I was wrong, sorry found it disturbing.. I was just giving factual information on what I have been doing and what I had done. There is a ton of information out there about this that you can read. I took a couple of clips so you could understand how it done.

This treatment cannot offer any help to adhesions within the abdominal cavity! Here is some info on that question sally.

Myofascial Release is a hands on therapy. Gently stretching and pressures create the internal environment that allows the fascia to soften and return to its normal size, shape, consistency, and function. We are a honeycomb of fascial tissue from the top of our heads to the soles of our feet. The fascia is the "stuff" that holds us together. The membrane under the skin of a chicken breast is a crude example of the fascia. The fascial tissue holds and supports all of our organs and muscles. Myofascial Release is aimed at relieving constrictions and adhesions in fascia (the tissue that envelopes every muscle in the body). This technique can be very relaxing when applied properly, and is often used in treating clients with Fibromyalgia or other chronic pain.

I am sure there has never been an insurance company who has authorized any type of treatment as described here for an ARD sufferer...in fact, 9 of 10 insurance companies do not recognize adhesion as a medical diagnosis to even offer to cover such modes of intervention.

It is covered by many insurance companies because it is listed under physical therapy.. These techniques are only preformed by special therapist not your regular ones, but it is billed through physical therapy. Which most doctors will agree to have chronic pain patients to have physical therapy of all kinds in different areas. Then since you are in there you can get Myofacial release treatments. Might want to check to make sure they have a therapist on board that does this. My Therapist is in close contact with my doctor and ask him for extra scrips that I might need or new treatments they would to try. All I have to pay is a co Pay. Could you see anyone messaging my adhesions to accomplish ANYTHING..adhesions attaching intestine to intestine like wax dripped over a persons internal organs, adhesions attaching my intestines upside down from one side of my abdominal cavity to the other side...and without a look see surgery , it is impossible to diagnose what type of adhesion attachments one has, let alone where!!

SCARS / ADHESIONS

1.. AFTER SURGERY OR AND INJURY THE RESPONSE OF THE BODY WILL BE TO PROMOTE HEALING AND TO SUPPORT THE WEAKENED AREAS BY CREATING SCARS. BUT OFTEN THE SCAR CONTINUES TO GROW. THIS INCREASE IN SCAR TISSUE IS REFERED TO AS AN ADHESION. THE SCAR CAN BEGIN TO RESTRICT AND ATTACH TO VITAL ORGANS, BLOOD VESSELS, AND NERVES. THEY MAY ALSO RESTRICT TO THE POINT OF PULLING THE BODY OUT OF ALIGNMENT. MYOFASCIAL RELEASE TO SCARS WILL DECREASE RESTRICTIONS ON BOTH SUPERFICIAL AND DEEPER LAYER ADHESIONS. a.. myofascial release technique that works to permanently remove scar tissue or adhesions from the muscles that cause nerve entrapments (resulting in pain, numbness and tingling). Currently there are less than 800 doctors certified in this technique in Canada and the U.S. The word myofascail has nothing do with the face.

1.. : What is the difference between a "normal" muscle injury and a chronic pain response? We first have to understand when any soft tissue (muscle, tendons, nerves, fascia, ligaments) are damaged, the body produces scar tissue (also referred to as adhesions or collagen). In the majority of the population this response will stabilize within four to eight weeks, depending on the severity of the injury. In many patients, especially those suffering from mixed connective tissue disorders. (Raymaud's, Fibromyalgia, Epstein-Barr "mono", Chronic Fatigue, etc.) the scar response is amplified many times resulting in "keloid-type" scarring almost like cobwebs enveloping the muscles, nerves and joints of the affected areas. 2.. This myofascial- bramble or cob-web suffocates the normal blood flow and nutrition to the area. Consequently, the tissues start to "dry-out", and the lubrication between the different structures decreases. This results in "rubbing" of the tissues, producing even more scar tissue and adhesions. The patient complains of stiffness, tightness, diffuse-multiple pain and trigger points. Their sleep patterns deteriorate. Consequently the body's ability to produce pain-killing endorphins and cortisoids is decreased. The patients own ability to modulate and control their own pain is further compromised if the "adhesions" or cob-webs" restrict the normal function of the nerve to the muscle. This can lead to occult neuropathy of the segmental nerves that supply the affected muscle. The muscle will then start to degenerate. Cannon's Law of Physiology states that nerve damage to a muscle produces an increase sensitivity to pain - i.e. trigger point tenderness. The Chronic pain cycle has begun. I have found a treatment protocol that involves a team approach utilizing the use of natural physical medicine and hands-on release of the physical myofascial adhesions and techniques that increase the blood flow to the structures

Since there is a high percent of adhesion of the spine, mostly due to lamanectomies, ( low back fusions or disk removal ) adhesions form there often, the test Kimmi mentions would react that very way to adhesion formation of the back tissues following an invasive surgery.

No The treatment was for an abdominal nerve blocking solution to be put in place..... I am thinking the doctor would be able to know is what part in my body. The wall of adhesions that pooled were down near my bladder. The only way to do this procedure is to place the cathader in through the back then into the abdomen.

Kimmi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: