To Linda the kiwi from Jo

Mon Nov 26 00:04:35 2001

Dear Linda

That was a wonderful reply, you sound much better and a little more posirive.  A life lived in pain is tough, but there is still plenty of ways you can enjoy it.  I am not sure about adhesions and miscarriages.  I have 4 daughters, all delivered by c-section.  I had three miscarriages in between the last 2 girls, so there is a 4 year gap between them.  My last pregnancy was very painful & I spent a lot of it in and out of hospital on pain relief.  If you read my story on the quilt, it will explain it to you.

I wouldn't recommend more surgery if you want to get pregnant, and yes I agree, let this doctor use a few others as guinea pigs first..... you need to know that it will work properly and will not hurt your chances of falling pregnant.

I have sent you an invitation to join msn, which is a chat program, many of us on the board use it and it is a great way to stay in touch & have a "real time" conversation.

Love & gentle hugs to you & your hubby John

Jo (Australia)

>From: "J&L VERMEY"
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Thank you for your e-mail - from Linda (NZ)
>Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:40:53 -0600
>
>Dear Jo,
>
>I was so moved by your e-mail. It was just sooooo nice to hear that somebody cares. (Sometimes when I've been in hospital I've really truly felt like NOBODY gave a damn). Hang on - I've just got wipe some tears from my eyes.
>
>Thanks also for your suggestions - yep - I've also got endometriosis - but they've removed a lot of them - of course they can also come back. As far as having kids is concerned - we're going to be patient and see what happens until June 2002 - then I will go back to my gynaecologist if I haven't had any luck.
>
>Question: Can adhesions keep you from staying pregnant - in other words can it cause you to miscarry? I've never thought of asking anyone that question before.
>
>My surgeon, Mr Schroeder (who's a nice, caring Christian man) is not particularly concerned about my 2 miscarriages - I think I surprised him no end that I could get pregnant in the first place....
>
>A couple of operations ago we tried some stuff called Sepra Film - he removed all my adhesions - gosh it took hours! BUT IT DIDN'T WORK!
>
>Now Mr Schroeder is waiting for some kind of gel - which he says shows promise of working - he's hoping it will arrive in NZ soon - then we'll repeat the whole thing - remove the adhesions and see if it'll work.
>
>I sometimes wonder if I should let Mr Schroeder try it on a few other people first - just to see if it works - before I try it. Just the thought of going under the knife again gives me the creeps....
>
>My bowel disease has gotten real bad in the last 4 weeks - I'm going to my GP on Tuesday to talk about trying some Inflammatory Bowel Disease drugs - especially to try prednisone again - I hate that stuff - makes me blow up like a balloon!
>
>As Christmas is creeping closer and closer by I am more and more determined to make the most of this Christmas - as I spent my last two Christmas's in hospital! We're living in the shell of our house at the moment - we've yet to finish it on the inside (I have no internal wall, no bathroom and no kitchen). But we're happy with what we've got - we live in the country - about 30 km from Hamilton. We're surrounded on 3/4's of our half a hectare by NZ native bush. We've got one dog, six cats (2 live in the garage), two budgies, a rabbit and a guinea pig. We desperately need two goats, but haven't gotten around to getting some yet - when you're ill everything seems to take so much longer then when you were healthy.
>
>Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah - I was telling you about feeling so awful at the moment.
>
>I've gotten pretty strict with my diet of late - I'm keeping to a low-residue diet - I've cut out tea and coffee - I've also cut out dairy products - and I'm drinking lots and lots of peppermint tea, as well as Chamomile tea. Yesterday I was complaining to John, my husband, that it wasn't working, and yet today I seem to be feeling a little bit better, of course that says absolutely nothing - for tomorrow I may be back in agony and feeling dreadful. To say I get more bad days then good ones is not an exaggeration.
>
>One good thing was that I was looking on the internet for Chronic Pain sites - and I came across a good little booklet about Survival Skills when you're in pain - it's over 30 pages long - but the advice is very useful. And I'm putting the suggestions into practice, with breathing, relaxation, meditation, etc. I've got to do something about the quality of my life - I can't keep on missing out on life - plus I hate being bed-ridden. I want to be there for John and my family - when we get one (God willing!)
>
>Hey, thanks for listening to me going on and on.... I've got to go now - gotta set the table - my hubby has been making pancakes for our dinner.
>
>Love,
>
>Linda (from NZ)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: