Re: Hi- Question About Medication

Thu Nov 29 13:33:21 2001

Bonnie,

It could be both. I only take 60mg of MS Contin 3 times a day and then I have the Roxinal (liquid morphine) which I can take every two hours. I do have times when this doesn't work. You need to get it checked out though since it is continuing. Where did you find a doctor that would prescribe that much MS Contin and how do you function? I have an extremely hard time functioning at times on what I take. My doctor will NOT increase it either. He is concerned about the level I am already on, but he does understand my needs.

Please at least call your doctor.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie L." <babyblu030@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:04 AM Subject: Hi- Question About Medication

> Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. > > Gosh I don't know where to begin, ok I have been on MS Contin 60mg 3x > daily/MS Contin 30mg 3 x daily (wih the 60mg) also MSIR 15mg for > breakthrough pain. I've been doing this for about 8 months now, maybe > alittle less. On Monday, I started to have some belly pain that was > pretty sharp so I took my MSIR 15mg. It didn't help. So I waited four > hours like it says on the bottle and retook it, again no help. This has > been going on since Monday, however the intensity of the pain has been > worsening. I was up all night last night in pain, spent most of the > night doubled over. I am even having a hard time trying to stay in the > sitting position while I type this. My question is could it be that my > body has become tolerent again? Or could it be that the pain is getting > worse? Has anyone who has taken MSContin had this problem before? I > wanted to call my Doctor but I wanted to see if this is the norm. Thanks > for listening. Take care. > Bonnie :0) >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: