To Angie, Re: Am I going thru it again?

Thu Nov 29 21:03:45 2001

Hi Angie,

I'm fairly new to the board myself, and boy (!) am I happy I found this group of wonderful people.

Although I have no medical knowledge - I think you may be right that adhesions could be what is causing your pain. Most adhesions do not show up on ultrasounds, CT scans, etc. Jo described it as an 'invisible disease'.

>From my experience I know that adhesions can definitely cause very bad pain!

Please go back to your doctor, and ask for something for your pain, please don't go on suffering! If he or she won't listen please find somebody who will. Your problems are real, and you have rights.

I'm always home and down load my e-mails a couple of times a day (I'm house bound - so have nothing better to do!!!) Anyway, I'd love to be there for you if you need someone to talk to. I know how lonely you can feel when you're trapped living with pain and feeling ill.

Love, and hugs,

Lin Vermey (from New Zealand) You can also contact me direct at J.VERMEY@xtra.co.nz

>----- Original Message -----
From: Angie <angfa@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, 30 November 2001 14:28 Subject: Am I going thru it again?

> Hi ~ I'm so happy to have discovered this message board, and hope you
> can help. I had an appendectomy in 1981 and adhesions removed in 1991.
> I've been experiencing many of the same symptoms and have the feeling
> I'm going thru it again. I recently relocated to upstate NY and just
> had my annual gyn exam with a new DR. After reading my surgery records
> and an ultrasound (she thought I might have fibroids), she basically
> assured me I didn't have adhesions and told me to take Colace for my
> chronic constipation. For the past two days, I have had a lot of
> stomach pain. Its swollen and very tender. Anyone gone thru anything
> similar? Thanks SO much for listening!
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: