Question?

Fri Nov 30 10:39:04 2001

Good morning!

It is Saturday morning, I got up at 6 am, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have slept pretty much all night (jippy!!!) and I wasn't tired anymore. I've made myself a little pot of chamomile tea, and have decided to make some breakfast buns for breakfast!

I love baking bread. And am getting pretty good at it too. John bought me a really nice book - it's got bread recipes from all over the world. I used to use my bread maker to make my dough's, then I'd do the final kneading and shape the bread, and then I'd bake it - but then a few weeks ago my bread maker passed away (and John can't fix it) so now I make my bread dough by hand - I find it wonderfully relaxing.

Anyway, I have a question.

I've been on a pretty strict diet, as you may know, and one of the things I had been avoiding was all dairy products. Then two days ago - when I didn't know what I wanted for lunch I decided to make a cheesy potato bake - which had of course cheese in it - but also a cup of milk. Anyway, lunch was delicious, but afterwards I had a lot of trouble with gastric reflux, and heartburn, and I felt very sick. I didn't think anything much off it. Then that night for dinner I had the left over potato bake - and the same thing happened - reflux, heartburn, nausea. Then yesterday because I'd enjoyed the potato bake so much the previous day I made a similar potato dish, only this one had no cheese in it - it had herbs and garlic in it with one cup of milk. (It was also delicious!) BUT after eating it I again got bad reflux, heartburn and nausea.

Now my question really is - could it be the milk that is causing this reaction?

Yesterday when we went to the supermarket I looked to see if I could find a suitable milk replacement - but all they had was Soya milk - and I'm allergic to Soya!

What do you guys think?

Love,

Lin 12/1/01 6:38 AM

12/1/01 6:38 AM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: