Re: Period following lap

Sat Dec 1 19:56:56 2001

Hi Libby

I am sorry that you are feeling pain with your periods.  Tell me is this pain the same as before the surgery, or is it now different?  It is possible that you have new adhesions, because of the surgery....they start to form with the first 24 hours of surgery, so that MAY explain the pain.  Was there any adhesions around or on your ovaries?  Have you been diagnosed with endometriosis in the past?  If not, ask your doctor if he detected any signs of this disease during the surgery he performed on you.

These are all the kinds of questions I think you should consider, and form questions to ask at your follow-up appointment.  Now my next piece of advice to you is WRITE DOWN all the questions, concerns & symptoms you are experiencing, THEN remember to take the list with you to your appointment.  Don't let the doctor whisk you through the consultation and push you out the door until he has ANSWERED all of the questions and concerns you have written on the list.  Have a pen with you and tick each one off as he answers it, also it means you can write down any unfamiliar words etc that he might use in his answer to you.  There is no point in asking the questions & getting the answers if the minute you walk out the door you can't remember what he has said!

I hope this helps Libby, and please come back here after you have been to the follow-up appointment & let us know how you got on, ok?

Love & gentle hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: