Re: Cathy and Cassie

Sun Dec 2 11:19:08 2001

Cathy,

I don't know who you are speaking to here, but I would like to suggest that you research adhesions just a little. You are going to need to know more as Cassie gets older. The international adhesions site is full of information in its archives that will help you.

To be honest, there really is no way to fix adhesions. No one has come up with a method to remove them that will prevent them from returning. Adhesions begin reforming within hours after each surgery. After about two weeks they stop. They may strengthen but no more adhesions are produced. With each surgery more and more adhesions form. And usually the pain just continues to get worse.

I really suggest that you read my story on the quilt because I pray that you will understand that surgery should not even be considered in Cassie's case unless it is an emergency. By that I mean that they know there is a blockage or an appendix that needs removal. Something of that nature...not just because she has pain and adhesions. There are really NO doctors around that are skilled enough to prevent the adhesions from reforming. And any of the products or treatments that are on the market have not met with any huge success.

In my case, the doctors really messed up. They removed my bladder when all that really needed to be done was remove some adhesions. Now I am in danger of losing my kidneys with each infection that I get. There is no dialysis in store for me or transplant. These are not options available to me. What I need is a surgeon willing to go in with a reconstructive urologist and do a completely new urinary revision. The trouble is we can't find the urologist. They all say that they can't do anything. Without putting it down on paper, I think you can figure out what my prognosis is.

I don't mean to scare you. Actually, that isn't true....I do want to scare you, and apologize for doing so, so that you can begin to see why surgery is not an answer for Cassie. It is unfortunate that she must live with this pain....I am praying for her every day...but she is living and I thank the Lord for that too.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars.............. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

>----- Original Message ----- From: CConrad8@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 11:15 AM Subject: Re: To C Conrad Re: returning adhesions...

> hi, yes cassie has vicodin to take. She had lots of pain last night and this > morning. I know there has to be something they can do. She is too young to > go through this pain. Its sounds like you are in so much pain, why can't > they fix your adhesions? Cathy >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: