Re: Palliative Medicine in Australia and New Zealand

Sun Dec 2 14:23:30 2001

To Darling Jo,

a.. Thank you so much for your support in this matter! I have, for so long run up against a brick wall, so to speak, when it came to getting the answers to the question "what are my legal rights as a patient in the public hospital system in New Zealand?" And I am really ANNOYED that my questions have always been avoided or ignored. It isn't right, is it? And what with the 'War on Drugs' - we the people who suffer from INVISIBLE illnesses and chronic pain are caught in the middle.

a.. Thank you for helping me look into this matter. I have decided that if I do not find the answers which I am seeking that I am going to FIGHT - for myself and for other people with the same dilemma. I refuse to sit back and just take it any longer!

a.. Thank you so much also for telling me about Oxycontin, and explaining to me that you can do something about "breakthrough pain episodes" - I get those too, but I did not know that I can do something about that - or that I could take something for it. Later, when I have finished answering all my emails and letters I will go on the internet and look that drug up in the NZ Search Engine - I had never heard of this drug, until a few days ago, when I came across the mention of it in the American articles I was reading. So, yes, to answer your question, your information is helping me a lot!

a.. Thanks for explaining all that slang! I'm learning new stuff everyday!! Well, it is now 10.30 am, I am feeling a bit dry, so will go and boil my kettle and make myself a cuppa and something to snack on. After that I'm going back on the net to do more research.

All my love,

Lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: