Re: Later that day....To Lin - pet story

Tue Dec 4 13:00:37 2001

Hi Rose,

Gosh! It's good to laugh this morning! I awoke feeling so exhausted. I've got absolutely no energy this morning and I feel like I weigh ten times as heavy as I do in real life! I'm not exactly feeling down - just so jolly EMOTIONAL! I keep bursting into tears one minute and laughing out loud the next. I'm definitely not on an even keel this morning!

I have a young cat - she's 7 months old now - was fixed a month ago - and she's a real cutie - she's a black toirteshell - with an orange back leg and a white stripe in the middle of her face, her tummy is white, and she has these adorable white socks on her feet. She loves to sit on top of my stomach when I'm lying down with my lap top and she watches me type, and tries to catch the moving letters and the cursers! She wants to cuddle at the most inconvenient of times!

My Isabelle is a strange little tabby - she absolutely loves the dog - (actually - Izzy is boy crazy! She's also nuts about my John!) will come in from outside - calling out to him and he obeys her instantly - sometimes the dog will be lying on the bed keeping watch over me - and she will come lie in between his paws, and she'll purr and drool all over him - and she'll get those little claws of hers and she'll knead him in his neck! He gets such a silly expression on his face when she does that. She was 6 months old when we got Jaap - and she fell in love with him right away. When we bought him home at 6 weeks the lady from the petshop had warned us that he might feel lonely the first couple of days - as he would miss his Mama dog and his litter mates, but when we got home I sat him down in the living room - and all the cats were home - and he walked up to them - sniffed them and they sniffed him back - then he sat back and barked at them in that funny little squeal a little puppy has at first - then he took a surprised step back - I guess he was surprised to hear his own voice! And then he fell over backwards down the two steps that go down from our veranda - the cats acted like they thought he was pretty dumb - but they got used to him fairly quickly - and they helped out with 'bringing him up' - although we had a tough time toilet training him - he was 4 months at least before he figured out he should whine to be let out and not do it on the floor in the house!

Life is sure never boring at home with all my animals!

I will sure tell John he's an angel - he'll get embarrassed - but it's true - he's wonderful! He may never buy me flowers, but he comes home from work sometimes - knowing I've had an absolute horror of a day - with something for our dinner from the supermarket, so that I don't have to cook!

My parents may not appreciate him - but I sure do! I remind him every day of how much I love him, that I will never take him for granted and that to me he is the greatest guy in the world.

Hope you have a great day Rose.

Much love,

Lin

>----- Original Message -----
From: rowdyladyrose@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, 5 December 2001 03:43 Subject: Re: Later that day....To Lin - pet story

> Lin,
>
> Pets truly are a blessing! I got such a belly laugh (holding it, of
> course) the other day.....our 4 mo. old puppy had discovered he could
> get behind the dog house and our older (1.5 yrs) dog could not. So
> there was George running from one side of the dog house to the other
> barking at the puppy, Bear. Then that little smarty Bear waited till
> George was running aroung dog house (fairly big house, insulated for
> winter) and he came out behind George. George looked in back of the dog
> house with such a funny look on his face because Bear wasn't there! Then
> Bear goosed George in the rear with his nose and I swear George jumped 3
> feet in the air LOL!!!!
>
> I understand about cats, too. I use a laptop on my lap and constantly
> have to stop one of them from trying to type for me! I've had to replace
> 2 keys because she pulled them out with her claws!
>
> I am also glad that you are one of the lucky ones, like me, that has a
> supportive husband!!!! Tell John 'You are an angel!' for me.
>
> --
> kcmo ro(se)
> ICQ #131145100
> If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
> poorly.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: