Re: Lin - using computer in bed

Tue Dec 4 23:03:54 2001

Gosh you made me laugh!

I don't know exactly how I manage with my laptop - I can only describe to you how I am lying right now!

I'm lying against a whole heap of pillows - sort of in a half sitting, half lying position - it's very uncomfortable - I've nicked John's pillow too for in the crick of my neck!

I've got my lap top, which is very light - sitting right on top of my bend legs - just behind my (sore) tummy! It doesn't rest at all anywhere near my sore bits! But your table sounds sure handy! Guess if I am pregnant and I don't loose that precious little darling and it grows it'll get a little more difficult! :-) You know what? I think I'll spend the entire 9 months laughing myself silly! If there is a little Vermey living in my tummy I want him / her to come into this world knowing the joy and laughter I experience regardless of how much pain I suffer! (Oh gosh - now I'm having to wipe my tears away again! Those stupid hormones!)

Gosh, so many people tell me off when they hear that I do this lying down - I should work at a my desk, not in my bedroom - they just don't understand that most of the time I am in too much pain to be able to do that.

You've got a lovely father-in-law. John's parents and his sister and her partner live in Holland - but they are so supportive - unlike my family - they're full of concern for us - now Debbie (John's sister - who is the same age as me - and we have a lot in common) and Ron (her partner of 10 years) want to immigrate to NZ - they've told John and me that they want to find a property of at least 10 acres somewhere near us - Ron is a programmer and Debbie wants to get a part time job - she has told me she intends to help me with those tasks I struggle with - she said she wants to live close enough to us - so that she can hang my washing up, she wants to help mow all our grass, and she wants to help me with our future kids, and bring up her own family - we both like the idea of bringing up our kids together, playing together.

John's parents are feeling quite distressed. They feel they are too old to make the move to NZ - although we've suggested that they think about it - we have even overed them a piece of our land so that that they could build a little cottage - and be near us - I think that at the moment they don't even want to consider it - but maybe when there is a baby on the way - it'll be different for them - it'll change the whole situation. John's father sounds like your father-in-law - I think he'd do something like that for me too. And John's mother has commented so many times that she wished we lived in Holland - so that she could come over and help me with my housekeeping, etc. But John and I are happy with our life in NZ - and we would never be happy if we went to live in Holland.

But I do feel comforted that they support us, and that they believe in me - my mother-in-law has been doing some research of her own into the problem of adhesions - she can't read English - so she's had to go to someone who does read English to get them to help her translate what exactly is wrong with me - it's something that my mother would never do.

Bless you Jo.

Love and hugs to you too,

Lin (laughing once more!)

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jo Eslick To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, 5 December 2001 12:39 Subject: Lin - using computer in bed

Hello Lin

How do you balance your computer on your tummy with your knees up? Where are your adhesions? If I do that, it aggravates every pain I've got hehehe ...........

So my wonderful father-in-law, bless his heart, made me a desk for when I am in bed, it sits over my lap and slants slightly down towards me to put the key pad at a better angle for typing. It has an edge on it to stop my paperwork sliding off it. There is room on either side of my laptop to put the paper work. It's great for when I have deadlines to meet & can't sit at my main computer.

I was going to but one of those stable tables, you know the ones that have the pillow with a tray attached to the top of it, but Pa said no.....it would make you too hot in summer so he made me this one!

So perhaps if John is handy with a hammer & nails....he might be able to make one for you! :-) If you need a sketch & dimensions etc....just let me know & I will get Shane to sketch it & give me the measurements..... just let me know ok?

Love & hugs

Jo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: