Re: I just got another constructive criticism! HA!

Wed Dec 5 16:05:11 2001

Its great!!! I love it! I picture you as having Lin's mom's head swinging in circles because she is so dizzy trying to read the statement!! It's like get real!!

I am just so thankful that Lin has John and his family to turn to. It is extremely hard to go thru it all alone. If her family doesn't wake up soon I can see them out of the picture real quick.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars.............. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

>----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy:-" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 4:20 PM Subject: Re: I just got another constructive criticism! HA!

> Yes, Karla that makes a lot of sense. I think that it is important to > realize that what will probably happen is that they will sieze on some > little tangent that has some ambiguous wording and exploit it into some > bizarre misreading of the whole letter. At the college that my husband > teaches at there is a professor who creates these complex fantasies and > then becomes convinced that they are real. We call it a "Reality > Distortion Field." > > Maybe a better tack would be to add another paragraph. Something along > the lines of: > > 3) While the original cause of your problems were abdominal adhesions, > you have had many surgeries done with the vain hope of correcting the > adhesions, and then later with the hope of correcting the problems > caused by the surgeries done in the hope of repairomg the adhesion > damage. Most of your physical problems are the result of those later > surgeries. > > [At this point picture cathy with Lin's mom in a headlock, rapping on > her skull calling "HAAAALLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!! ANYTHING IN THERE?!?!?!?!" I > mean good Lord we are not talking about a hangnail here. Lin is missing > her large intestine! As in GONE!!! You can argue all you want about how > common which level of adhesion complications is, but a surgeon opened up > Lin and removed her bowel and it is GONE! FOREVER! And the same thing > with you, Karla, I mean some things about adhesions may be controversal, > but having your kidneys drain into a plastic baggie is a big deal no > matter what!] > > That's what this board is supposed to be -- a place to escape from the > Reality Distortion Field! > > At Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Karla wrote: > > > >Cathy, > > > >This is great. I would like to change and add a couple things. > > > >The change would be from calling adhesions a "rare" complication to a > >complication that affects all too many people who have undergone surgery, > >with a number of these individuals suffering from disabling and life > >threatening side effects. I say this because I believe with Lin's family > >they would just throw it back in her face and say it's rare....no way Lin > >has it. Basically, Lin has my family. I have just learned to shut them out > >and give them limited access to opportunities where they can make attacks on > >me. They have gotten better over the years as they have seen me in very bad > >condition at times and I have heard word back that they didn't know I was > >that bad. > > > >The other suggestion would be to put a line about "when John and I have > >children they will have limited contact with family members because I don't > >want them exposed to the negative treatment of their mother. My children > >will be raised with love and nurture and will be taught to both love and > >respect in return. I want the time that I have with my children to be > >positive and full of wonderful memories." > > > >I don't think I have the wording quite right on that but you get my drift. > > > >-- > >Karla > > > >Somewhere up in the stars.............. > >My angel and me! > > > >http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 > >http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven > > -- > cathy :-) >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: