I just finished writing this new poem

Wed Dec 5 18:55:46 2001

Hi! I just finished a new poem about my dog!

So here it is! Hope you like it...

Am I a moggy? Or a Rotweiler Doggy? By Linda Vermey

I’m told that I’m part Rotty and Labrador With soft brown eyes you would adore I’m told quite often that I’m really big And though I can act really thick I’ve sworn to protect my precious Mum So you see? I’m not that dumb!

And when Mummy is sick and in pain I’m at her side to keep her sane! Me and my cat brother, Tummy Are awfully good at looking after our Mummy On me Mum can depend I’m always ready to defend

My nose works well, I can smell danger And I love to chase of any stranger I guard our home 24 hours a day All I ask is love from my parents as pay Be it bike, a ghost, or frog I’m your regular reliable rubbish dog!

I also love my sister, her name’s Izzy Bee She’s a cat—just like me! And just like her I’ve got fur, I just haven’t been able to master the purr! And I’m sure though I look like a Rotweiler doggy That deep inside I’m just a moggy!

Sometimes I can be naughty, don’t know why But at times it makes my Mummy cry When there’s a puddle on the floor, Dad yells at me ‘Cause I forgot to tell him “I gotta pee!” I hate it, I’m so accident prone, My tail, I swear, has a life of it’s own

I’ve been trying to be extra good As well as eating all my food! For a treat I like a big bone Which I prefer to eat all on my own What’s left I’ll bury till it smells real nice Then I’ll bring it inside and give Mum a nice surprise

But for now I’m in my basket, feeling blue I got punished ‘cause I ate Dad’s shoe I’d make the excuse that the culprit was my double Except I doubt it would get me out of trouble! Why do they say I’m a naughty doggy? I just explained - I’m a moggy!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: