At Thu, 6 Dec 2001, rowdyladyrose@aol.com wrote: >
>Lin,
>
>The only thing that ever worked for me was to offend their sense of
>smell....moth balls....you know that stuf they tell you to put in with
>your sweaters to keep them from getting eaten up. For some reason, my
>cats hate that smell and will go back to the kitty litter....of course I
>buy the kind that has the little crystals to keep it smelling fresh,
>otherwise, the little smarties just find somewhere else.
>
>Keep in mind that their noses are supposed to be better than ours. Are
>the other cats keeping that cat from the litter box? try keeping a
>separate one near where it is going, may get the hint!
>
>Love ya,
>Rose
>
>--
>kcmo ro(se)
>ICQ #131145100
>If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
>poorly.
>

Thanks so much kind Rose,

I will bye some tonight!

Nobody seems to be using the litter box anymore....except Oscar if he gets locked in - he's still too dumb to figure out the cat door - I keep showing him how it works - by opening it and shuffing him thru it - he'll jump right thru if I show him some food - but do you think he'll think of using it all by himself? Na! He just blares at the door to be allowed back in! I'll be so glad once he's educated himself on how to use the cat door!

I'd like to slap his previous owners - if only I could find out who dumped him on my door step - I think they wanted to get rid of him because he haas asmthma and he also had a bad case of cat flu! Fancy treating a poor defenseless animal like that?

When he first adopted us he was too scared to go outside - he didn't know how to play - he was so sick he didn't even groom himself - and we had to do it for him - he was on anti-biotics for 3 weeks - poor little dude. He was also incredibly fat - I think he never got any exercise! He couldn't even jump onto the coffee table - now he can jump onto our fence!

Now he's sleek and his fur is glorious! He's happy - naughty - but that's a good sign. He plays outdoors - has made friends with Sammy and Izzy my two youngest felines. And he's so effectionate! He gets plenty of exercise - he loves chasing that dog of mine!

He's finally acting like a cat - and it's simply hilarious to see a grown cat (the vet thought he was between 18 months and 3 years of age) act like a little kitten.

Hope the mothballs will get him to do his business else where!

Thanks for the suggestion,

Love ya,

--
Lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: