St. Joseph and the wall...

Fri Dec 7 22:36:18 2001

Somewhere there is some deep theology in this story...

Well heaven looks like this: It is surrounded by a wall, and there are pearly gates, and St. Peter is at the gate. When people die, they arrive at the gates, and Peter looks them up in his book. Either he lets you in, or he sends you down the road.

So one day on Peter's day off he sees some people inside heaven that he is SURE that he has sent packing -- but then, you know he see lots of people so he's not so sure. So for the next couple of weeks he pays close attention to everyone he sends down the road. On his next day off, sure enough, people whom he is VERY sure shouldn't be there are walking around heaven. He marches out the pearly gates, and down the road, and around the corner, and around a second corner, and what does he see? There is St. Joseph, and he is boosting people over the wall!!!

Well, as you can imagine, Peter is OUTRAGED!! He shouts at St. Joseph. He tells him that this is not allowed!!! That this is outrageous!!! That if it ever happens again the St. Peter will be reporting it directly to God the Father!!! Through the whole tirade St. Joseph stands in stoney silence. St. Peter whirls about and stomps off back into heaven.

St. Peter isn't sure whether that was the end of it or not. A few weeks later, he sees people in heaven who were turned away just the day before. He immediately stomps out and around the corner, and sure enough, St. Joseph is there boosting people over the wall again. Well now St. Peter is absolutely apoplectic! He rages on and on. Finally he sputters that he is going to tell God RIGHT NOW and who knows what awful things will befall St. Joseph. Why maybe even Joe will be thrown out of heaven! As Pete pauses to take a deep breath and start up the harangue again, Joe smiles slyly and says:

"Hey, I go, I take da wife and da kid wit me."

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: