SICK OF IT ALL!

Thu Dec 20 23:17:25 2001

I am 31 years old, and 3 weeks ago I had surgery number 13, 14 or 15. I'm honestly not sure, as I had a hysterectomy at 27, and assuming it would take care of all my problems (hah), I threw away my medical records.

I had my first laporoscopy at 15....I believe they said I had an ovarian cyst,a nd something else, too long ago to remember. Since then, I've had surgery almost at least 1 time a year...for endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and adhesions. I assumed the hyst. would solve everything, but I've had one lap. since then for adhesions, and 3 weeks ago had a laparotomy, with lyses of adhesions, and had the adhesion barrier Seprafilm (not sure if exact name) put in. The doctor said the adhesions were so thick and dense he couldn't believe it, as it was only 1 year since the last surgery. It took me going to 4 doctors, begging for a laparoscopy, before I finally convinced my family doctor to admit me to the hospital for pain, then had the surgeon come see me in the hospital. Luckily it was the same surgeon who had done the previous one, but he still didn't want to do the surgery. I had to cry and beg, telling him I knew there was no guarantee it would help. Three weeks later, I'm hurting as much as before surgery!!! I honestly do not know what to do now. I'm sick of missing work, sick of always having hospital and doctor bills to pay, and sick of complaining all the time about being in pain. People get sick of it, especially people who do not understand. I actually printed material out from this website & sent it to my work via e-mail, hoping people would read it and maybe get an understanding of what I'm going through.

If anyone else has had this many surgeries, or anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said, I don't know where to turn now. On top of all of this, the last two times I was in the hospital, I had grand mal seizures. They never found the cause, but my belief is they were from all of the drugs I was on (demerol, phenegrin).

Any suggesions or comments???? Anyone???

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: