Ho Ho Ho

Mon Dec 24 20:29:07 2001

Ho Ho Bloody Ho Is what is heard reverberating around the Eslick house.... Yes, my festive husband tries to play the bah humbug of the family this time of year....but he has a contender for the position this year! ME!!!

Hi ya Helly, nope nudda one Chrissy present has been purchased, parcelled or wrapped & popped under the Christmas tree yet...in fact the Christmas tree stands half dressed in it's huge corner of the family room....not a normal state of affairs in this house... BUT this aussie chick is too pooped to pop! We have been experiencing horrid weather hot, steamy & sticky one day, hot, sticky, wet & stormy the next! Add to that mixture a larger dose of bush flies (ssshhh which Australia is well known for....) and you have half of the reasons for my sad state of Santa poo haaaa.

I will jostle myself & my festive spirits & get them sorted out over the weekend....then I promise I will do the Aussie Christmas Traditions proud! In case any of you are curious about our mob & how we party this time of year, I have included a couple of URL's which you might like to explore with the kids....it's always fun to find out how others celebrate Christmas. We have already attended Carols by candlelight.....yes, we sit in the local park with a picnic dinner, enjoying balmy breezes and Christmas music (supplied by local school & town bands, coral singers etc etc)... while our kids run around to see who can find other friends from school (plus see what a bit of a candle and a few dead leaves can do..... complain about hot melting wax burning their fingers...so the enterprising parents supply paper cups with holes cut to poke the candle through...)..... while the adults sit back, relax, tipple some wine, munch some cheese & bicky's and visit with friends & neighbours whom we only have time for at this time of year! It is one of the advantages of living in a country town.

http://www.the-north-pole.com/around/australia.html my Christmas presents to you all.... a peak at how we spend Christmas Down Under..... http://friendsplus.dns2go.com/australia/volume3/christmas/index.cfm

Well Helly & all my friends...this is the last email from me for the year, time to concentrate on family & friends and say thanks for all our blessings this year.

Love, peace and joy to you all, warm gentle hugs, loads of kisses and friendship to all

Merry Christmas & a Joyful New Year......

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: