To Jo from Sally

Tue Jan 1 19:19:13 2002

Dearest Jo, I'm so sorry about all the fires. I know its very scarey. My husband is a volunteer fireman and he has his own truck because we're in such a remote area, he can have the fire out fast, which is important. The last fire we had, and we had a drought up until three months ago, he put the fire out all by himself with his old truck, which he rebuilt. We have lots of water because of the Creek. I prayed for rain, and now its rained everyday almost for two months. The drought is over. That makes the pastures green and the fire danger low, which is good.

Everytime my husband goes on a call, I worry. Sometimes, I have to get involved and than do all kinds of things I never thought I could. But when someones life is in danger, you do what you have to, even if it hurts like He**.He rappelled down a 600 foot cliff and brought up a young girl in the middle of the night from a small ledge on a cliff nearby. He said it was a good thing it was dark, because he wasn't afraid; he couldn't really see where he was. But he made it and saved the girl's life. She hung on him so tight at first until he could get her strapped into place that she almost choked him to death. That was last year.

Happy New Year to you. We went to see Lord of the Rings. I read the books years ago, but it is definetely not a children's story, so much violence and scarey stuff. But it was fun to go to the movies. I hope its a good omen for the new year - getting out and doing things, instead of laying in bed moaning. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: