Dear Kim from Sally

Thu Jan 10 13:34:32 2002

Dear Kim, Hi, I'm Sally from California, and have no children. I raised my husbands son (he had brain cancer at age five and is severely developmentally disabled) But I always longed for a child of my own. We tried for years and years, I had had Pelvic Inflamatory Disease when I was around your age. It was undiagnosed and later I learned that it had blocked my tubes causing me to be infertile. Adhesions developed and eventually I had a hysterectomy four years ago. Then the pain really got bad. And I mean bad.

So please don't let them talk you into a hysterectomy. And surgery for adheions can cause more pain that health. Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to know. Keep your chin up. Science is doing great things. Maybe someday soon there will be a cure, and please don't be afraid of opiates for pain cures, they help and if you're as strong as you seem to be, you can get off when your pain is gone. The hard part is finding a doctor who will give you adequate pain relief. Most will let you suffer and suffer and suffer. If they were in such pain, they would be self-medicating themselves immediately. Sorry to sound so bitter. I try to be "joyful for the things I have," but its hard. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: