Jo Please read and respond! Re: small bowel obstruction

Thu Jan 10 14:32:14 2002

Hi Julie:

Well, you've come to the right place, and I think that we've got just the gal to help you. I'm sure that Jo will read this post and she'll be able to give you valuable information pertaining to what is available to help you as she resides in Australia too. (Jo, I hope you don't mind that I'm volunteering you here - I know you haven't been feeling so well lately, sorry if I'm out of line.)

Jo is a wonderful wealth of information about adhesions (as are others on this board) and she has met with some doctors who specialize in pain management in your country. Your doctor is very astute in her opinion that another surgery may not help. Adhesions form at the site of an injury, and as surgery is in itself an injury, this often becomes a vicious circle.

Jo is writing a book about adhesions, which we are all looking forward to reading when it is published. She is also quite knowlegeable about using visual and breathing exercises to help with your pain management.

Julie, you are not alone. We understand what you are going through, and we will do our best to help you. Please feel free to come to this forum anytime you have questions or even just to vent. Remember that even though every person is different, we can empathize with your suffering. Best wishes.

--
Clare

At Thu, 10 Jan 2002, John and Julie McLaren wrote: > >Hi There > >My name is Julie and I live in Western Australia. > >I dont know whether you will even get this message, but I am pretty desperate for any information you can give me regarding abdominal pain from adhesions. > >I have had four caesarean sections, a laparotomy from an ectopic pregnancy, a appendicectomy, I think you get the picture. > >I have had every test know to man kind, but they all come back clear. My Gastroenterologist thinks I suffer with sub acute bowel obstruction going by my history. The pain I experience is like child birth radiating from the right to left lower abdomen with occasional upper pain too. Surgery is not an option she said as it would cause more adhesions. I have had this now for nearly eight years and I am not coping with the pain very well. > >I would appreciate your comments please. > >Desperate > >Julie :)

--
csheedy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: