Re: Pain Management Kel/Sally

Sun Jan 20 08:46:56 2002

Sally, Yes I have been through all of this before. I don't know that I would cry, I get too mad. I guess on my next appt. the Dr. and I will have a little talk about how I wouldn't call in unless I thought I needed something extra. I am tempted to have a little talk with the nurse also but maybe it's the drs. place but I know when I go in, the nurse will see me first and I won't be able to keep my mouth shut. I don't think she even has a clue about adhesions, otherwise she wouldn't tell me that I "Just had indigestion." When I talked to her, she argued with me that I was having indigestion not adhesion pain. I am pretty angry though that I called on Tuesday and never got a answer from the Dr. Don't know if it was the nurses fault or he didn't want to bother with it. He seemed like he was compassionate about adhesion pain though. I made this next appt just to go in and vent. If I let my husband talk to them, they would surely get angry as his tone can be quite scarey for people that don't know him but then again maybe that is what is needed. I am going tomorrow about 3 hours from my home to a University Hospital Dr. to see if they can help me with my bladder. I know it is a waste of time as it is probably something that the adhesions caused and I know that I can't have surgery so I don't know what I expect them to do. I guess I am still in search of the elusive cure for everything. It may be good for me to go though because if I get blocked or need surgery right away, they will at least be there for me. The last surgeon I went to here said he would make a big vertical cut to do surgery. I don't think so! Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Saturday, January 19, 2002 10:43:54 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Pain Management Kel/Sally My dear Kel, I've been in your position so many times. You have to keep going and speak up for yourself. Do you have a husband or father nearby? This will sound awful, but I've had better success when he tells the doctor in no uncertain terms that I need medication and that I'm in agony. He has a deep voice and sounds very authoritative. This world we live in is so unfair. And the other thing to remember is that as soon as you cry, you get labeled as melodramatic and in need of psychiatric care.
--

It's good to hear from you even if the subject matter is less than
elevating. I'm praying that you get relief. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: