Re: I'm home! An introduction

Mon Jan 28 07:53:54 2002

At Fri, 25 Jan 2002, tshelby@usit.net wrote: >
>At Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Julie Johns wrote:
>>
>>Lesa, I am new to this site, my PCP thinks my pain is related to adhesions from a c-section 2 years ago. Two days ago my OB told me that adhesions would not cause the pain I have. She didn't have any other diagnosis for me. My pain is very superficial. I have a burning feeling across my lower abdomen, sometimes up to my belly button and in my groin area. It feels as though it is right under the skin. Nothing has shown up on any tests. One ER doctor gave me a cortisone shot at the "bikini line." Nothing has worked, except a morphine shot from another ER doctor. Have you or anyone else had symptoms like this? Julie Johns
>>

>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: TODDnLESA@aol.com
>> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 8:31 PM
>> Subject: Re: I'm home! An introduction
>>
>> Mary Ann,
>> Welcome! You sound like so many of us...the doctor who told you adhesions don't cause pain should be hung! It is SO irritating to hear those kind of things. I have tried so many things over the years to try and help my pain. One doctor shot hydrocortisone into my abdomen, it didn't work, one tried giving me anti-inflammatories which didn't work either. More surgery is only a temporary help and if often the cause of a much worse situation. I am currently on pain pills (vicodin es, 4 times a day, everyday) and just keeping as positive of an attitude as I can. All of us here have different ways to deal with our day to day pain. We have to, we really have no alternative at this time that's 100%.
>> Take care,
>> Lesa
>
>--
>Hi Julie,
>
>I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in about your pain. Based on what your symptoms are - feeling superficial, burning and the path of your pain sounds like illionguinal nerve damage. If you can lightly run something over the painful area very lightly and it causes you pain - then nerve damage is most likely what you are dealing with. Also - mostfolks can't tolerate anything being on or around the area - like waist bands from pants or underpants. Treatment for nerve damage is about as hard to find as finding treatment for adhesions. Nerve blocks in that area with a numbing medicine (not cortisone)will provide very short term relief. Most of the people I know with this condition are on some form of continual pain medication. If any of this sounds like you let me know and I will give you the info I got.
>
>Tina
>

A possible solution is to find a surgeon who is willing to remove (strip) the ilioinguinal nerve. This will leave you with a permanent numb area but should relieve your pain. It depends how much the pain is bothering you. I am considering having this done myself.

--
John

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: