after 21 years

Mon Jan 28 13:48:40 2002

21 years ago I had a spleenectomy due to a severe car accident. 3 days ago I spent the night in the hospital because of adhesions that were caused by this surgery, or so the doctors tell me. And I must say, ALL of teh symptoms I saw on one of these adhesion links fit me exactly! I am still recovering, am on the "B.R.A.T." diet and am kind of fearful of the future. I would like to know if anyone has had this experience before where such a long period of time passes after the surgery before they experience symptoms. And I would also like to know if anyone knows of ways to treat this in order to prevent another episode. I have a follow up with my doctor this Wednesday, but I have learned over time that I must research on my own as well and I value the experiences of others. In addition, I would like to know if anyone has not been told by their doctors of this possibility after their surgery. I was NEVER told--at least that I can remember...and frankly I am a little dissapointed about that! I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks-- Gina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: