Re: JO

Sat Feb 2 13:14:33 2002

Dear Caroline

You really had nothing to apologise for, because we really do understand how each other feels, and actually, when I had my ovaries removed in April 2001, I felt a little like everyone was trying to talk me out of it to and I admit to being a little defensive about it myself.  Some days when my pain has stopped me from participating or attending a function etc for my children I hate myself for allowing the Gyn to remove my ovaries and increasing my pain.  When it comes down to it, he IS a great doctor, willing to listen and will take time to answer all of my questions, and trust me, I always have plenty!  LOL  BUT when it is all said and done, I needed that surgery because it allowed me to regain intimacy with my husband.  I know this is a subject that we mostly only hint at, or dance around - but Shane and I have discussed this at length and I am currently writing a book about my personal journey through pain and there will be a chapter devoted to our sex life! 

It is because I genuinely want people to understand that they aren't alone, there really is other people living the same nightmare that they are.  I know I find comfort in that, although I wouldn't wish my pain on my worst enemy... I still feel better knowing that I can come here, or put up my own site.... all in the hope of reaching out a thread of support to others, when at the same time I am helping myself to cope and accept my pain.

Caroline, the lesson I have learned by sticking to this board even when we all start to snap at each other's heals once in a while, is that we all have our "feelings" in a permanent higher state of sensitivity.  This is normal human nature stuff, and as fellow sufferers, we need to be able to accept & love & support each other NO MATTER what has happened or been said.

I am so glad that you found us, and now we can help you learn to feel better about yourself and your pain..... and then you will also receive comfort by reaching out to others as you have started to do.

I look forward to chatting with you in the future, especially when my chat room is open.... until then -

Love & gentle warm hugs

Jo www.bombobeach.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: