Evetta - How to cope with pain

Thu Feb 7 00:13:21 2002

Hi Evetta,

I have been very busy in the last few weeks setting up an Australian Adhesions support group site, but it is also available for all my friends here on the Adhsions board.  Dr Wiseman & I have agreed to link our sites and you will find a link to it on the local support groups page.

I am writing specifically about your question on how to cope with pain besides pain medication.  Yesterday I completed the "How to Cope" section on my site and you will find the link on the tool bar with the link on the left side of my homepage.  There are a number of different headings including ideas and information for spouses and family members living with an adhesions sufferer and suggestions for you as the sufferer on how you can keep communication open when you are dealing with out of control pain.

When you are having what I call an "acute" pain attack, start off with the slow breathing exercise and then follow onto relaxation, meditation or visualisation.  All of these suggestions are found on the front pafe of "How to Cope", from there all the pages are linked so you can the just scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose another topic, click on the link and you will be there in a flash.  I have used some drawings and things on some of the pages too.... just to help lift the spirits a little.  I hope it helps.  Under my signature is the URL for my site, I hope you enjoy visiting my beach, and you are welcome to register as a member too.
with love and gentle hugs

Jo www.bombobeach.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: