Re: Caroline

Fri Feb 8 11:19:30 2002

Helen- I know. I have been on Lortab 10/650 and Percocet 5/500 taking anywhere from 4-8 in a 24 hour period for over 2 years. Im sure my liver could cut diamonds, but my docs are too scared to perscibe something like Oxy to me, so I will have to live with the long term side effects of acetomenophen. I just dont get it. There is one Doctor who considers himself a pain management doctor, i consider him a "quack" but any one off the street can wander in to his office, plop $200 dollars cash on the counter, say they have some sort of pain..with no medical evidence to back it up whatsoever and get Oxycontin 40's. Its doctors like that that ruin it for us. If these Doctors would do a little research on each patient that crosses the threshold(medical, surgical history)before writing perscriptions they could effectively screen out most of the addicts looking for a high,although Im sure some slip thru the cracks. A good friend of mine that I was just talking to this morning told me that when she had her car accident over 1 year ago (which was pretty severe) she was given Oxycontin for pain. She has not been back to this Doctor for about 10 months, but from what I gather, one of her sons friends has been calling this Doctors office every month stating that he was her son, and that he needed refills on her Oxy. He would then go into the office and pick up the script. the doctors office even increased the dosage, when he told them that she was having more pain. She had no clue this was happening. The Doctors office never called her to verify, or speak with her or even require her to come in before increasing the dosage. She just found all of this out this morning when the Pharmacy called (its a small town) remind her her perscription was ready. For some reason or another the kid got too scared to go pick it up this time, im assuming. She then called the Doctors office and asked them what the hell was going on. All of these reasons are why we have to suffer. It sux. Caroline

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: