Em from Sally

Fri Feb 8 19:38:04 2002

Dear Em, Everything you said was right on.. But that's the way it is. Doctors are only people with an education that stresses some things and leaves out adhesions, pain, compassion and courage. I went to a psychiatrist, a very nice, helpful lady who gave me a letter stating her medical credentials (IMPRESSIVE ) and stating flatly that my pain was in my abdomen, not in my head. She said that I was very well adjusted considering the fact that I lived in great pain a lot of the time. She specifically asked the person reading the letter, presumably a doctor specializing in either adhesions or pain, to give me the respect I was due.

The first thing that the pain center did was say "since you carry around a letter stating that you are not "crazy" (my words) there must be something wrong with you or you would not have gone to such lengths to convince us otherwise. I had a cattle prod in the car for my bull, and it took a lot of will power to keep from going out and getting it and giving him a shot in the balls and asking him how he felt. I was so mad.

Sometimes you just can not win. But you have to keep trying. In years to come, people will look back at our struggle and be amazed at what we went through to just get decent treatment let alone respect and adequate pain managment.

Remember that we did not get the right to vote until 80 years ago. I saw a program about the women's movement in England. It showed actual footage of women in lovely Victorian dresses chained to walls with no accommodations for necessary bodily functions, etc. This was because the women dared to want to own land in their own name and inherit property and work and keep their paycheck. We have come a long way.

Sorry, I got a little carried away there myself. Anyway, good luck and read the adhesions site http://www.adhesions.org. It's great. Love, Sally Grigg http://www.howardcreekranch.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: